Withdrawal Agreement Mp Vote

Mrs May said a new „useful vote“ would take place „as soon as possible“ but that she would make a statement if it did not take place by February 13, and that it would be followed by a debate on a changeable proposal on 14 February. [86] In the 2016 referendum, the UK voted 52% in favour of leaving the EU to 48%. But the difficulties that followed in getting Brexit through Parliament led to a deadlock in Westminster. The day after the vote, May told the Prime Minister`s questions in the House of Commons: „We have seen concerns about Parliament`s role in the Brexit process. What I agreed yesterday is that, since the bill is up to the Lords, we would continue to discuss these concerns with our colleagues. This morning, I agreed with the Brexit minister that we would table an amendment to the Lords, and there are a number of things that will guide our approach… As my right-wing friend, the Brexit minister, made it clear in Parliament yesterday that the government`s hand in the negotiations cannot be bound by Parliament, but the government must be accountable to Parliament. It is the government that decides the policy, and we need parliamentary support to implement that policy. [52] Laura Kuenssberg of the BBC commented: „The risk is that it is a double trade. [53] Further indicative votes on the proposals selected by the spokesperson took place on 1 April. [107] [108] Today`s vote means that Members have approved the general principles of the legislation, and it will now move to the so-called „committee stage,“ where further consideration will take place.

Here is a guide to the rest on the Parliament`s website. Chris Evans (Labour – Islwyn) During a debate with Croatian Secretary of State for European Affairs Nikolina Brnjac on behalf of the Presidency of the Council, Commission President Ursula von der Leyen and EU Chief Negotiator Michel Barnier, Parliament took stock of the withdrawal process and the challenges ahead. Kemi Badenoch (Conservative – Safran Walden) (proxy vote by Leo Abererty) The process of ratifying the withdrawal agreement continues next year, but Friday`s vote is expected to indicate that the UK is now heading towards the departure date of 31 January. Parliament will have to approve any future relations agreement. If such an agreement deals with powers that the EU shares with member states, national parliaments must also ratify it. This meant that when the government lost the late vote on January 15, 2019, it had three days of meeting (until January 21, 2019) to establish its „Plan B.“ [72] The three Labor MPs who voted for the deal were Ian Austin, Kevin Barron and John Mann.

Kommentieren ist momentan nicht möglich.